What is Summer? Sun, Fun, and a Great Time for Reading!
Here’s how YOU can help Arizona put reading first and increase the time every child spends reading or being read during the out-of-school/summer timeframe between June 1 to August 1 each year:
Governor Doug and Mrs. Ducey share the value and impact of summer reading.
- Sign up for the summer reading program at your local library and receive a reading log (or register and track your reading online).
- Use the “Find a Book” tool to find books that meets your child’s interest and reading level .
- Use a reading log to track the time spent reading.
- Visit your local library throughout the summer.
- Get your copy of the Summer Reading flyer.
Important Reference Links
Summer Reading Partners
Read On Arizona and numerous organizations throughout Arizona partner to promote the importance of summer reading.